Sunday, May 23, 2010

Don't imitate, innovate (H. Boss)

Following Laia's topic from yesterday, I decided that I want to express my opinion about the un-originality between bloggers and the rising of something that I call "The Clone Wars" (yes, I'm a freak, and I was writting about Lost today, but I'll leave it for tomorrow).




As you all may know by now, I'm studying a postgrade about coolhunting for fashion industry. So, first of all, what a coolhunter do?

As a coolhunter, you must observe the mainstream of the streets; I mean, what people wears everyday and almost in every ocassion, the shapes, colours, clothes, make up, hairs, shoes; separately and all together... and not only what people wears on the streets of your city, but also all around the world; so as you can imagine, internet is one of our tools, and blogs, streetsnaps and things like that are a meeting point of this.

But, as a coolhunter, you work with the things that are different and that may work with the mainstream. Yes, we took something original and use it for inspiring designers, stylish and people from the fashion world. And we can do this because there are original people.

But as Laia mentioned yesterday, I've realized that between bloggers, the almost most "famous" are the ones who copy one style from another: the catalogue of the brand, some idols (Alexa Chung, for example, is one of the models that I've seen that people cpy a lot) or another blogger more famous... and I mean, do this people know something about the meaning of "inspiration"?

Inspiration:

n.
1. Stimulation of the mind or emotions to a high level of feeling or activity.
2. The condition of being so stimulated.
2. An agency, such as a person or work of art, that moves the intellect or emotions or prompts action or invention.
3. Something, such as a sudden creative act or idea, that is inspired.
4. The quality of inspiring or exalting: a painting full of inspiration.
5. Divine guidance or influence exerted directly on the mind and soul of humankind.
6. The act of drawing in, especially the inhalation of air into the lungs.

So I can't understand why people doesn't follow bloggers that contains a big amount of this instead of people who only copy looks from magazines or other people... what's the meaning of that? That has no merit for me.

The good part of this is that the "clone bloggers", soone or later, would be forget... and the original ones would remain in the mind of those who really apreciatte originality, the designers and the people who want to innovate into the fashion world, not the only ones who want to be famous. 

Long time ago, I took the slogan from one of the Hugo Boss spots as a way of life. And I'm gonna use it until the end of it. Because fantasy, creativity and originality can live between the mainstream; they're the big flowers in a field full of grass...

Don't imitate, innovate. 

And this post is for those boys and girls who inspires me (as the definition from above said) everyday, those normal people who shows their lifes in pieces by internet, regardless always being perfect or going into the latest fashion:

My beloved Elin, from Elinkan
Sandra, from Niotillfem; thank you!
The gorgeous Elsa, from Need help dressing?
The original Shan Shan, from Tinytoadstool  
(by the way, she's being ill; I hope you'll recover really soon!)
Marcello Lasco, my particular Voldemort ;) 
(love you dear!)
Xiaoxi Zhang, from It is Nancy's new blog.
Tahti, from Tahti Syrjala 
(and her gorgeous make ups!)
Elliot Rentz and his adorable piercings!
Marmelindela, with her colorful lips and beautiful eyes 
and gorgeous smile!!
And this adorable girl that you all may know

You know what I'm going to say right know, but I think that this time matches perfectly with us. 

We can be more or less "famous". We really don't care. We love fashion and it's our way to express ourselves. And the most important thing: 
We're not here to please you.

Thanks for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment