Sunday, April 11, 2010

Taste you...

You all know that I'm obsessed with redhair girls... Julianne Moore, Florence & The Machine, Shirley Manson, Lilly Cole... and now, taking the advantage that she's releasing her new album, I can say it loud: I love Mellissa Auf Der Maur.


I met Melissa when she was playing the bass at Hole, the band from Courtney Love (a person I really don't like). Since the first time I saw her, I knew she was speciall, although she was singing the backgrouds vocals I listened to her voice with more interest than Courtney.

In 2000, I had the pleasure of seeing her with The Smashing Pumpkins at the Sacred and Profane tour. She was there instead of D'arcy, who has left the band, and I can only say that she as gorgeous, very friendly and near to the public.



When she released her first album, I bought it without doubt; it was brilliant. It was 2004 and is called Auf Der Maur, the same name she uses as an artist. Taste you, Real Life and Followed the Waves were the singles of this glorious debut.

And now, finally, after so many years (and a EP released in 2008), we can finally have Out of Our Minds, her new album. I just have listened to it and I love it; her voice is as great as always, and I can't wait for seeing her again in a live show...




Did you know Melissa? What do you think about her?

No comments:

Post a Comment