Friday, March 26, 2010

How to Make a Healthy Choice Burger and Fries: Food Tip of the Day - Friday, March 26th, 2010

How to Make a Healthy Choice Burger and FriesThere is no getting away from it: the attempts by governments, medical professionals and even TV personalities to get people eating in a healthier fashion is not going to go away in the foreseeable future. The advice genuinely is for the good of the people who are presently eating in a particularly unhealthy fashion but what most people who give this advice don't seem to be realising is that people will only be prepared to switch to eating in a healthy fashion en masse where they are given an incentive for doing so which appeals to them in the short term. It may appear to many of us that the incentive of adding several years on to their lives and their children's lives should be incentive enough but the fact is that a great many people simply don't see it that way.

So what is the incentive that people want to make them eat in a healthier fashion? Healthier food costing less than perceived unhealthy food? While I believe that would help in some instances, I don't think it is anything approaching the main concern. What I firmly believe is that the only way to get the majority of the people eating healthier in the short term is to make healthy food look more appealing than junk food and taste better than junk food. It's hardly rocket science, is it?

I count myself extremely fortunate in that the foodstuffs which I naturally like and the ways in which I like to cook them are far more often than not of the healthy variety. I did not force myself to eat healthier foods and cook them in a healthier fashion, so this allows me to empathise to some considerable extent with those who tend to like what is commonly referred to as junk food. If someone were to tell me that the only way I could eat in a healthier fashion was to eat junk food, I would have quite some considerable problem with that in that I quite simply don't like it!

So what's the answer? The answer in every case will be different. It has to start with the individual wanting to be healthier and live longer and wanting to eat in a healthier fashion which does not mean sacrificing the way in which they like food to be presented and the way in which they like it to taste.

Below is a link to the dish which you will see pictured at the top right of this post (simply click on the image to enlarge it, if you desire.) I hope that you will at least like what you see enough to read the recipe and very much hope that you will thereafter be convinced to try it and enjoy it as much as I did.

How to Make a Healthier Choice Burger and Fries

No comments:

Post a Comment