Saturday, February 6, 2010

Perfecting Fish & Chips


Chuc Mung Nam Moi Saigon!

The flowers are totally complete around Nguyen Hue in time for the Lunar New Year. The entire Vietnam is preparing for their holiday. Gift baskets, Cherry Blossom Trees, Money envelopes and a lot more for this special festival. While inside my apartment I am busy cleaning and preparing my house because I have a visitor coming tomorrow from Manila. We are off to Cambodia on Monday to celebrate Valentines. I hope it will be fun and romantic? Lol!

It's been three years since I started cooking Fish and Chips when I was still in Manila. Tonight is the night where in I was able to prove that I already mastered and perfected the right way to do my Dory Fish and the batter. Lemon or lime plus salt & pepper! Whoah but where's the chips? I didn't take a photo of it because I didn't cook it properly. Maybe because my chips are so old and over staying already in the fridge. Next time!

Tomorrow I will try to get some pictures of Nguyen Hue and how Vietnamese celebrate the Lunar New Year or popularly known as the Chinese New Year. But here, they simply call it TET...

hugs,
joanie xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment