Monday, February 22, 2010

Ginger Olive Curry Rice


Hello dancing lemons and bouncing cinnamon!

I just arrived from my Cambodia trip the other week. It was a tiring trip crossing the border from Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh. It took me and my friend 6 hours to go to the city of Phnom Penh. Then another 6 hours going o Siem Reap to witness the Angkor Wat. That's a long story to tell. I have an upcoming blog for that definitely. One thing I learned about Cambodia is: There's no such thing as Cambodian dishes. I didn't enjoy my food trip there so I was really starving for a good food since I came back to Saigon.

So last Saturday I whipped up this amazing rice dish inspired by Jamie Oliver's Turmeric Rice. I read that recipe from his Ministry of Food book. So my paellera turned out to be my default pan when I cook rice dishes. This rice is so good when you eat with my Chicken Kebab recipe or my Morrocan chicken recipe. In the meantime lemme share you guys this recent concoction I have.



Ginger Olive Curry Rice


Ingredients:

• Jasmine Rice
• Olives and the broth
• Curry Powder
• Coconut Milk
• Ginger
• Lemon
• Ground Black Pepper
• Cayenne Pepper
• Salt & Sugar
• Butter

Procedure:

Heat the pan with butter in medium temperature then add shredded ginger. Saute then add olives, squeezed lemon and olive's broth. Continue stirring for 2 minutes. Add curry powder and cayenne pepper then the coconut milk. Stir and simmer for about 3 minutes then add the rice. Fold the rice with the mixture then add salt, pepper and sugar. Topped it with the olives and serve hot.

Quick and easy to prepare sumptuous dish is always a winner!

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment