Tuesday, January 5, 2010

The songs we used to sing...

2009 was a year full of great inspiration for me. As you may know, one of my sources of inspiration is music, I think the biggest one... and since I blog, there are some lovely bloggers that I really feel like they're muses for me... Here I want to share some of the people and things which inspired me last year and would be inspiring me this year...
Folies Bergère Performers
Twiggy
The Clash and Joe Strummer
John Lydon



The past fascinates me, from the muses of the late nineteenth century to the present pin ups, but if there is something that fascinates me are the happy 20's, sixties and seventies, especially in its most punk way. I really believe in punk as a very powerful ideology that given the current political situation can be repeated as a cultural movement or counter-cultural. And every day that passes, I am clear that this revolution can begin in Berlin ... I guess it's a hunch.
I think John Lydon and Joe Strummer were the punk thinking heads, each with a different ideology but successful, and that led to each one to different extremes. Joe believed in his ideas to the end, John ... well, you just have to look at it today and see what has become something that I hated ... maybe that's why I respect him even more.
And Twiggy... she's magical. She always gives me the inspiration of freedom in her pictures!

Interpol
Foals
Mando Diao (I adore this funny pic!)
Maxïmo Park
Guys well dressed (as Joshua Third)


I cannot deny it: I am a fetishist of menswear. And when a guy is well dressed and he also tells beautiful things in songs, as a poet, like the menI mentioned in the pictures ... I fell in love. Curiously, the artists that I like (at men) tend to be always well dressed.
This doesn't mean that a smart man will be well dressed and vice versa; there is everything in the world, but curiously the boys who I always have interesting encounter a unique style ...
Of course, many other artists inspire me, but these are the most remarkable to me in 2009 ... and will be in 2010. Foals will release soon a new album, and I will vibrate with their math rock again. Interpol will also release a new work soon. And Mando Diao and Maxïmo Park... I simply love them (they are the first two in my Lastfm) and I hope to see them live this year (again!).

 
Florence + The Machine
Shirley Manson from Grabage
Little Boots
Amanda Jenssen
Miss Li
Theoretical Girl
Hannah Murray, from Skins


My musical muses, some from last year and some new.
Florence and Shirley are my favorite redhead, with opposing voices and styles contrasting, but equally inspiring. While Florence inspires you to scream and go out dancing in the rain, Shirley encourages you to snuggle in your room and whisper in the ear of someone special the lyrics of her songs. Florence sometimes wears costumes seventies, Shirley is sophisticated ... but both have an inner world that show us in their songs, and are fabulous.
Little Boots, Miss Li (whom I recently discovered), Amanda Jenssen and Theoretical Girl are my bets for 2010 women, particularly Theoretical Girl, who has an attractive voice and a fascinating minimalist ... not to mention that her style is wonderful (and already is starting to influence mine).
And at the end I mentioned Hannah Murray, Cassie from Skins' serie... I simply love both, the actress and the character. I've been all 2009 saying "wow"... and in 2010, I will doing it again, and again, and again... 


Three of my blogger muses. I adore the three of them, and I thank them for made me dream, learn and smile during the past year. Of course, I hope to continue doing the same things with them in 2010!

My friends!


I always learn from my friends, and I'm learning a lot from these three little people that inspire me every day. Thanks to my Laia, Esther & Rocio, and the way they are and be loved!

And after all this boring text, I leave you with the outfit I was wearing last sunday at the mall...

Cardigan - Bershka
Shirt - Zara customized
Skirt - Green Coast
Tights - Calzedonia
Oxfords - Wonders second hand
Beret - Primark
Bag - Blanco (old)

I made a silkscreen on the shirt, and used a white ribbon. The picture is from Jesskajuice, I adore her pictures! Actually, I've been so creative these days. I made four t-shirts, a headmand and 3 ribbons I'll show you soon!

So, thanks for reading... and as always, please... have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment