Monday, January 25, 2010

Happy Birthday, Rabbie Burns! : Food Tip of the Day - Monday, January 25th, 2010

Today's food tip of the day is very different in form from any that I have ever given before in the sense that it is not my tip but that of The Bard himself, Rabbie Burns!

The Selkirk Grace was not written by Rabbie Burns, merely adapted by him in his inimitable style from a much older version. It reads:

"Some hae meat and canna eat,
and some wad eat that want it,
but we hae meat and we can eat,
and sae the Lord be thankit."


Later on this evening, I will be including on this blog details of how I enjoyed my own Burns Supper, which I will begin preparing very shortly. In the meantime, why not take the fun Burns quiz, linked to below, in order to test your own knowledge of Rabbie Burns? There are only ten questions, each of them having five possible answers. Be sure to include in the Guestbook details of your score, then send it on to challenge your friends!

The Rabbie Burns Quiz

No comments:

Post a Comment