Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Blah... it's still winter!

The snow is gone, it melted last Thursday/Friday. We ended up with 4-6 inches; it was nice while it lasted. At least I got 2 snow days out of it. Now it's back to the dirty, dreary, coldness of winter. The dogs have been enjoying dragging parts of the yard in with them every time they come inside. I think I will need to borrow David's mom's steam cleaner this spring.

Even the house looks blah, not only from doggy mud prints, but because the Christmas decorations came down today. I did leave all my snow man stuff up however. Maybe they will bring us luck with more snow.

I did enjoy a 3 day weekend though. Two days in a row of girl time! On Sunday I met my good friend Amy for Cheesecake Factory and manicures. Just what we both needed. I tried a deep purple color on my nails this time, and I actually kind of like it. Usually I'm not a pink and purple kind of girl. Then yesterday David's sister Aimee and I went for Indian food in Oxford, near Miami University and then shopping. By the way, if you are looking for good deals on really thick lotion, Bath and Body Works is having a great sale. Buy 2 get 1 free, or buy 3 get 2 free. So of course we ended up with 5 bottles of lotion and spent just over $30!

So now it's back to work and cleaning house. If anyone wants to come fold laundry, be my guest!!

No comments:

Post a Comment