Sunday, December 13, 2009

Hungry Jack's Melbourne

Me at Hungry Jack's Flinders Station, Melbourne - Victoria, Australia

Howdy me mates? :(

If you guys would ask me the same question, I am not fine. I am chilling and the muscles in my entire body are aching. Seems like I am getting a fever. Hope not. Maybe I was too tired for cooking last Saturday evening and this Sunday lunch. I cooked Chicken Curry Rice Ala Paella. I also shopped the whole afternoon amidst the tremendous heat of the sun. I had the ultimate shopping of The North Face Jacket and Crumpler Bags. I also got the best deals from Ben Thanh Market. My luggage is filled with items to be given away as my Chrissy presents to dear family and friends back home. But as I chill after recounting the good food I cooked, all I want is My HUNGRY JACKS.

What is HUNGRY JACKS? Why their logo is so similar to BURGER KING? Yes you are right! Hungry Jacks is the Burger King in Australia. Only in OZ! Just a short trivia how I found out the reason why they can't use the name Burger King in Oz. I was sitting on the tram on my way to Flinders station when I heard a young couple talking about the story behind it. It's quite simple. When Burger King opened its franchise in Oz on 1971 they found that its business name was already trademarked by a takeaway food shop in Adelaide. The franchisee Jack Cowin used Hungry Jack's instead. It was established in Innaloo, Perth on 18 April 1971, under the auspices of Cowin's new company Hungry Jack's Pty, Limited. That's the story behind it. That's very trivial for me to have found out. And that led me and my mate to dine at the nearest Hungry Jack's in Flinders street.

I miss my Hungry Jack's :(

hug the sickie girl...
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment