Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Ministry of Food


Howdy to all the bouncing beefs and dancing muffins!!!

I just contacted today the person who will print my business card. She was asking me what is The Artist Chef all about? It's so hard to explain to a local Vietnamese about this concept of mine. I actually pause for a while and ask the same question to myself. Aside from serving intimate dinner for couples and selling food, the quick association I have in mind when I asked that question to myself was--Jamie's Ministry of Food. I have the same vision and goals for The Artist Chef. Maybe slightly different because I do believe that I cannot beat what Jamie has done for his countrymen.

Ministry of Food is all about getting people to cook again. Jamie wants to show us that anyone can learn to cook – and that it's fun, cool, can save you money and help you, your family and friends to live a healthier life. The idea behind Pass It On is to inspire people who have never cooked to give it a try and then, once they've learned a recipe, to teach two other people how to make it too. He also wants to mobilise anyone who can cook to pass on their skills by teaching their friends, family or workmates how to cook good, honest, affordable food.

This started at Rotherham because Jamie was inspired to start the movement in the South Yorkshire town of Rotherham so he could meet some of the Rawmarsh Community School women. These women brought the fame around the world for allegedly passing chips and burgers through the school railings during his campaign to change school dinners.

Danny Mc Cubbin (Jamie Oliver's Editor)

It's also nice to see Danny chronicles his cooking through his blog at Jamie's website. How he grow different herbs, cook something special on weekends and a lot more. Makes everything that surrounds Jamie got inspired to cook. Danny is doing a good job in doing all the online stuff for Jamie. The website is beefed with overwhelming info that everyone can at least learn one recipe. And despite that He was able to send me my request regarding my London trip next year. I am happy they did well during the New York Marathon. I just look forward the day I meet this person and probably exchange a lot of stories and recipes. This is also my chance to Thank Fifteen Cornwall for inviting me to be their friends in youtube.

A hearty & happy day to yah mates!!!

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment