Thursday, October 22, 2009

500 DAYS of SUMMER


I am a fan of the movies HIGH FIDELITY and ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND that's why I was charmed by this movie. I am rarely smitten by Hollywood films but this one I will surely include in my roster of romantic movies that I usually appreciate.

The movie had a disclaimer from the beginning of the trailer or even in the posters that were released and it says: This is not a love story but a story about LOVE. The casting for Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel were perfect for the movie! They are both indie darlings in Hollywood and it's been a decade since we last saw Joseph starred in a romantic lead along with Heath Ledger in 10 THINGS I HATE ABOUT YOU. It is so fresh to see these two young kids giving justice to their roles. It's a sweet, funny film that infuses typical romance and balances it with reality. It's good how Joseph played TOM, a great greeting card writer who fell in love with SUMMER, a vintage looking girl but very modern when it comes to her perspective about LOVE and who loves RINGO STAR among the Four Fab. TOM will randomly chronicle his story about his love for Summer in 500 days. The film’s mixture of cynicism and romance makes it perfect viewing for happy couples, the recently dumped, and the hopeful singles in the audience. Rotten Tomatoes gave this film an 87% rating in their tomatometer, which I think has the most credible online pool of critics! And I agree with their critics most of the time so when they say it's rotten I will not argue anymore.


"This movie made me appreciate a failed romance. I have never seen a romantic movie lately that arrests me this much. I think this is a must see romantic movie." -joanie, the artist chef

Reminds me of Hyde Park in Sydney where I sat once upon an Australian summer

In real life story, I haven't experience 500 DAYS of SUMMER yet but I am glad to share that I have my story about 500 HOURS of AUTUMN. That is absolutely a 500 hours of happiness. I met someone in Autumn this year and every time we were together I am in the state of a free-flowing individual. I never tried that in my entire existence here on earth. He made me nervous the way I am not familiar with, he gave me something that makes me scared alright and he made me do things I have never done before. We may not have the same beliefs in life especially when it comes to marriage and about GOD but I am glad that he admires my faith and respects it at the same time. He maybe obscure and different in so many ways but I respect him as well. It was an amazing feeling that I won't fall for a sleep because of a good coffee but also because I had a great time walking in the rain with this person. Whenever we will have those candid walks in the chaotic city where lights are turned off when the midnight strikes and cabbies are very hard to find, I am filled with unfathomable joy. Winter is coming I don't really know if Autumn already passed me by. I am still dumbfounded about this predicament. All I know I wanted this person to be my friend but fate allowed him to swiftly go away. Maybe there's more Autumn to come, I just have to figure out which one I'll be at my happiest. It just excites me now to meet Autumn the next time He arrives.

My warmest and tightest hug to each and everyone! :-)

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment