Friday, July 3, 2009

New Job!

Yes, I have a new job. For those on facebook I've not not said anything because some of my co-workers are on there and my boss doesn't want anyone to know right now so for weird reason.

So details: I start August 17. It is in the school system, my dream job. I will be working in 2 different school systems 4 days a week. It is part time for now, with the possibility of full time next school year. The job just dropped into my hands literally.

My dad was looking through the business section of the newspaper and saw an add for the job. He called me on a Sunday and gave me the lady's name and number. On Monday I called and we played phone tag a few times. When I was finally able to talk to her, she asked me to come in for an interview that Thursday. The interview was about half an hour and she said she would get back to me soon. She was also done working for the year so she had to get this position filled soon since it came up at the last minute. So Friday morning she called me and offered me the job! I am really excited about it. I am still going to work PRN at the nursing home, helping out on some Friday's and possibly on breaks and summer to make up the difference in my pay. With the school job I only work 148 days a year. I still get payed all year round though and I can make my own schedule. I will also be off holidays, summer, just like the kids. Can't work without them there!

My current boss was less than thrilled of course because I've not been there a year yet. I did give her 2 month notice though, and there are tons of COTA's around because there is a school down here. So she should have no problem finding someone to replace me full time. I am really looking forward to the change!

No comments:

Post a Comment