Sunday, July 26, 2009

My music > Your music

Mark loves girly music -- Madonna, Celine Dion, etc...it's kind of embarrassing, but also a trait I find rather endearing (only a wife could say that!). So as he headed out for a run this morning with his headphones on, I could, of course, hear some "Material Girl" penetrating loud enough for me to hear. I gave him an eye roll and a smile...and he gave me blogging material.

Some good tunes are essential for enjoying a workout. My top 5 are eclectic, to say the least, but maybe they'll enhance your workout play list, too.

In no particular order...

1. Madagascar 2 Soundtrack, Big and Chunky -- it's not the whole song...but I had to get the little animals dancing - get the whole song, though...surely some motivation there!



2. Machine Head, Bush -- if you're huffing through a run, the lyrics will help you out!





3. Nicole Scherzinger feat P. Diddy, Come to Me -- not the best sound quality...but the dancing sure is!





4. Gaelic Storm, Nancy Whiskey -- This song was played every week in a spin class I took with a lovely gentleman named Vince. Vince was incredibly buff and incredibly quirky - this song...has stuck. Very bizzare choice, I know, and you must download one that is NOT a live performance...YouTube was not much help in finding a quality version of that rare song.






5. Bob Sinclar, Love Generation -- Spring Break '06 in Acapuloco. I'll say no more!



What are YOUR favorite workout tunes? Help me out, too! Post your answers in a comment for all to see, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment