Monday, June 8, 2009

Spring/Summer cleaning

Yesterday I got into spring/summer cleaning mode. The downstairs felt so dirty and dis-organized I couldn't stand it any longer. Of course not being fully un-packed from vacation didn't help either. We have a small bookcase in our dining room that seems to be the dumping grounds for everything that we don't know where to put it. So I got a basket and organized all our pens, cd's and random things into that so it was hidden. Then I dusted my two corner cabinets and then hit the paint. I still hadn't painted the inside of the corner cabinets that show the wall, to match what I had painted the dining room wall (they are built in corner cabinets). Then I got ambitious and decided to go on to the living room. So I pulled out the furniture, cleaned the baseboards and got about 3/4ths around the living room before I ran out of paint. I also cleaned the baseboards in the dining room and kitchen. Then I swept really well and put things away upstairs.

My next plan of attack: David's side of the bedroom. Yes it is a horrible disaster. He actually has just as many clothes as I do so I need to organize it all. Not that it will stay that way, but yeah. I also want to organize all the other closets that are just full of random things from moving and also organize the basement. Hopefully slowly but surely this will all get done. Sundays with David working helps. ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment