Monday, November 3, 2008

In Search of a Midnight Kiss

A friend of mine who's feeling like a misanthrope today, gave me the link of this movie trailer. He watched it already and will lend me the DVD tomorrow. In exchange, I volunteered to lend him my Mexican DVD.

This film is about a 100 million single people in America, 40 million of which are searching for love online. A twenty-nine-year old guy named Wilson is having the worst year of his life. He is new to Los Angeles, has no date, no concrete plans and forgetting that last year ever happened. Until his best friend, Jacob encourages him into posting a personal ad on Craig's Lists (a central network of online communities, featuring free online advertisements). When Vivian, a strong-willed woman looking for right guy at the stroke of midnight responds---a chaotic, hilarious, and touching journey begins. From the producer of my favorite films "Before Sunset" and "Dazed and Confused," comes another film that is comparative to my all-time favorite movie "Before Sunrise"--- only in the sense that it's more "bastos" daw according to my friend. I don't know what he meant by "bastos" but as I read how Rotten Tomatoes and all other acclaimed critics gave their 5 star reviews, I have no doubt that this film is my cup of tea.

This movie will surely be one of my favorites! And while waiting for the day for me to watch this film, I'm also crazy looking for Richard Linklater's film---Waking Life.




I love this photo so much, reminds me of something.


Photos courtesy of Claudia :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment