Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Waking Life

Last week I was convinced that I had a eureka moment. To those people who are not familiar with the meaning of eureka, well according to wiki and merriam:


"Used to express triumph upon finding or discovering something"


My moment has come to realize that life is really beautiful, full of chances and happy accidents. I grabbed this picture of a leaf from a friend's blog during his Boston trip. This picture made my eureka moment possible. I thought I was already in that stage and yet there are things that will get in the way. Funny that even eureka moment has its stages (only in my case ata). Getting back the life that once taken from me is quite difficult. You will adjust day by day. I'm still getting there. There are certain things that are very hard to accept and in the same manner that there are things about myself that are very hard to change. They maybe avoidable but I believe I cannot completely eradicate them in an instant.


Then today, I woke up telling myself...wait, enough of everything. I always forget whom this real person inside me is. My emotions always drag me down. Be logical and life is waking me now. It says wake up Joanie! Enough of your cheesy belief about life. Be the strong person you used to be. Don't make a crap out of the good things you could possibly be. Start making firm decisions about your future and don't lean on your past that keeps pulling you back. Don't believe on the things that you have doubts about, if things are going to be right---then the moment will prove it. Life is so beautiful that I shouldn't carry my garbage all the time. I should dispose them. I don't want to waste a single second of my time to those people who are just hurting me. Life is one big decision and there are instances that you have to do it right there, otherwise you will just procrastinate or the moment will pass you by. You will always tell yourself, wait I have to take things slowly or I can't make an instant decision. The challenge that our life is giving us---make a decision by choosing what you want and what really matters in the most challenging situation. We are responsible in choosing our own battles. We may win some or lose some. But at the end of the day or rather at the end of your battle you will tell yourself, I did it!


You'll be happy to wake up that the life you choose is the life you want. The journey that you want to continue is what will make you happy. You will not regret every single second because you fought for it. And for Joanie, she will continue to chase the other pair of her shoelace because she wants to continue her journey with her sneakers fixed. So she can run fast and see the beauty of life and seize the moment and hope that one day soon there's another pair of sneakers waiting for her. Better together those two happy sneakers will run fast so they can catch their big dreams! So run Joanie run!

No comments:

Post a Comment