Friday, September 5, 2008

BEN THANH BEER

This is my last blog using this mac G5 in my office. I'm off to a new office soon. I'll announce my new nest one of these days. For now, I'd like to share again another shining moment I had before I left GASSO. I was asked by the CEO, Nonoy Gallardo, to help his brother Bogie Gallardo to do all the print materials for the Ben Thanh Beer pitch, including the STB rendition. I had my OT the night before they flew to Vietnam for their pitch presentation. After few hours of doing all the print ads, I showed it to the CEO, Mr. G. He squeezed my hand and praised me for my work. He said "nadali mo!" I'm so happy because even Sir Bogie enjoyed working with me. We bonded during the offline and online in Optima, including Mayet and NiƱa. I also met this good guy named Jam who helped us even until wee hours of the morning, just editing the TV materials. It's supposed to be ripomatics but Direct Robi insisted to shoot it. Well, fine. Then I did the print photo shoot at the same time. To cut everything short, We won the pitch. Gasso got Ben Thanh and a milk product from the same company. I am again happy to be part of that major company achievement. I will surely miss Sir Bogie because he makes me feel guilty all the time for leaving them. He also said to me "Ikaw lang ang babaeng ART DIRECTOR na nakatrabaho ko sa beer since McCann days ko. Now Gasso lost one of their assets". In my mind I have this vivid memory of McCann not hiring me because they don't think I fit into their beer account. Hmph! Cheers to Ben Thanh!


Dummy talent. Not a real Vietnamese and not his real name.

No comments:

Post a Comment