Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jesus appears on restaurant wall

Alex Tadros and Scott Diehl spent Memorial Day weekend painting the interior of Tadros' restaurant, the Martins Creek Inn. Diehl used a sponge technique to give the walls a nice, soft look with a light brown shade.

A job well done. But it wasn't until Tadros invited a couple of friends over to see the paint job that anyone realized the Lower Mount Bethel Township eatery suddenly had a new attraction: an image on the dining room wall that looks very much like the classic picture of a bearded, long-haired Jesus.



"One of [my friends] said, 'You have something on the wall,'" Tadros recounted. "The other one says, 'It looks like Jesus.'" Egyptian native, Tadros, who is a Coptic Christian, says the image reminds him of the famed Shroud of Turin, which bears the image of a man and is supposed by many Christians to be the burial shroud of Christ. "The eyes, the nose, the chin, the hair, the beard," he said.

"When I saw it, I thought, 'I've seen this picture.'" Tadros has owned the restaurant for seven years is pleased to have this image of his faith as part of the décor. "He's in my life all the time," he said. "I believe in Jesus. I always praise him. I want to show people he is the life. A lot of people are away from Jesus, they don't know him. But God is always around."

No comments:

Post a Comment