Sunday, June 12, 2011

Jesus appears on restaurant wall

Alex Tadros and Scott Diehl spent Memorial Day weekend painting the interior of Tadros' restaurant, the Martins Creek Inn. Diehl used a sponge technique to give the walls a nice, soft look with a light brown shade.

A job well done. But it wasn't until Tadros invited a couple of friends over to see the paint job that anyone realized the Lower Mount Bethel Township eatery suddenly had a new attraction: an image on the dining room wall that looks very much like the classic picture of a bearded, long-haired Jesus.



"One of [my friends] said, 'You have something on the wall,'" Tadros recounted. "The other one says, 'It looks like Jesus.'" Egyptian native, Tadros, who is a Coptic Christian, says the image reminds him of the famed Shroud of Turin, which bears the image of a man and is supposed by many Christians to be the burial shroud of Christ. "The eyes, the nose, the chin, the hair, the beard," he said.

"When I saw it, I thought, 'I've seen this picture.'" Tadros has owned the restaurant for seven years is pleased to have this image of his faith as part of the d├ęcor. "He's in my life all the time," he said. "I believe in Jesus. I always praise him. I want to show people he is the life. A lot of people are away from Jesus, they don't know him. But God is always around."

No comments:

Post a Comment