Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Wisdom Wednesday - James 4:4-6


This past Monday was the start of my first Good Morning Girls devotional group. We are studying James 4 this week and I have found it to be a huge blessing and lots of good insight not only from my own studying, but also from reading what the other girls in my group have been impressed with while reading.

James 4 speaks about being friends with the world vs. being friends with God. Verse 4-6 were especially good for me. Verse 5 basically says that our souls were designed to only desire one thing; and that is to be wholly submitted to God. However now that sin has entered the world, Satan has tried to keep us away from this longing by filling it with what the world has to offer. However nothing other than God can fill that hole in our soul. It reminds me of a song by Plumb with the following lyrics.

God Shaped Hole 

Every point of view has another angle
And every angle has its merit
But it all comes down to faith
That's the way I see it

You can say that love is not divine and
You can say that life is not eternal
"All we have is now"
But I don't believe it

There's a God-shaped hole in all of us
And the restless soul is searching
There's a God-shaped hole in all of us
And it's a void only He can fill

Does the world seem gray with empty longing
Wearing every shade of cynical
And do you ever feel that
There is something missing?

That's my point of view...
 I encourage you to study the book of James and dig up some treasurers for yourself. Remember to keep your focus on Him, He will never let you down! 

Fully Rely on God, 

No comments:

Post a Comment