Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Project Organize - Seasoning Pantry

A mess isn't it? I have been wanting to tackle this mess of a seasoning pantry for a while. Since I am on spring break from work this week, I decided that today was the day. Yesterday we went to IKEA and I bought some pantry organizing items. Today I took everything out of the pantry and wrote down what I had. I also checked best if used by dates. Yikes, there were some pretty old ones in there, so they were thrown out. I bought a nice little shelf that gave me some extra room. Here is the result.

Ahh.... so much better!!

I love the white container I found at IKEA. I put all of my baking items in there, like baking soda, cornstarch, cooking sprays so when I need it, it is all in one spot.

I also found this nice glass containers for spices. I got 8, but only have 5 filled. I put the spices I used the most in these. You can also see the white shelf that I bought. It made a huge difference in what I am able to fit and be able to see and get to easily!

I also made this spread sheet on my computer. I listed all the items that I currently have and how many. This will make finding if I have a certain seasoning much quicker than looking through the pantry.

I also used another one of the white containers to put all of our teas and drink mixes in. I also purchased a 24 piece food storage system and got rid of all the plastic rubbermaid containers. Looking forward to using them!






Enjoy what you read here on Golden Reflections? Please vote once daily over at Picket Fence Blogs. Just click on the button below! Thanks! 

No comments:

Post a Comment