Wednesday, March 16, 2011

OT Tip - St. Patrick's Day Craft

In honor of St. Patrick's Day, I wanted to share a couple of craft ideas that I have been having my kids at work complete the last couple of weeks. There are so many websites and ideas out there, it is very easy to find printable and free craft ideas to work on fine motor skills with. Here are a couple that I found and are very simple to do.

"Katie" or "Sean" the Clover
Website: dltk-Kids.com 

Photo Credit: dltk-kids.com 


This craft is for ages 2+. Isn't it adorable? There is a girl "Katie" and a boy "Sean." Here is what you need:


Have your child color all the pieces on the paper before you cut them out. Some of the body pieces are a little small so you may need to help depending on how well your child can cut. Kids should be able to at least cut out the clover piece successfully. Once my kid's clover people were glued together, I put them on a piece of construction paper and hung them up in the hallway outside my room.

Shamrock Scissor Skills Practice

Photo Credit: dltk-kids.com

This craft is for ages 2+. For this craft all you need is: 
Cut the construction paper into strips, about 1/2 inch wide or more. Then have your child snip pieces from the construction paper into squares or different sizes. Then take those and glue them onto the clover leaf until it is completely covered. They can go over the edges, don't worry about that. Once the clover leaf is dry, cut out the clover leaf shape along the dark line and hang it up!

All my kids really enjoyed making these this week and now my wall is all decorated for the holiday!






Enjoy what you read here at Golden Reflections? Please vote once daily over at Picket Fence Blogs, just click on the button below! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment