Sunday, February 20, 2011

Recipe of the Week - No bake pie!

It has been a while since I have posted a recipe! I needed a break from blogging for a little while, plus I have been sick and now just getting back into the swing of things. 
Today we had some good friends from church over for lunch. They are vegetarians as well and also trying to be mostly organic and vegan. So I made this yummy no bake pie for dessert, with all natural ingredients. Everyone enjoyed it! 


Carob Peanut Butter Pie 
1 box of silken tofu (soft box kind, not the the kind in water) 
3/4 c. natural peanut butter
1/4 c. canola oil 
1/4 c. carob powder
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. vanilla 
3/4 c. honey 


1 pre-made graham cracker pie crust


Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until smooth. Add to pie crust and chill for 4 hours in the refrigerator. 


Here are all the ingredients ready to go.

I love using my handy little liquid measuring  cup from The Pampered Chef. Here you can see it with peanut butter in it. Once you measure the peanut butter you just push the ingredients out and you don't have to worry about using a spatula to get the rest of it out! 

I ended up making a double batch because I bought a deep dish graham cracker crust so I wanted to make sure I had enough. That made for a little bit of a tough time getting it to mix, but we worked it out! :) 

We all liked it, as you can tell! :) 

Now it's your turn! Please link up with a recipe that you would like to share for this week! This is not a regular blog hop, please only post a link if you are sharing a recipe. The linky will be open until Tuesday night at 11:59pm. 






No comments:

Post a Comment