Friday, February 4, 2011

Cracker Jack Day!


On the drive home last weekend, I noticed some antique stores and flea markets.
Having no males from my family in the car with me, I knew I had to seize the day.
Each state  we have lived in has such a unique cultural identity.  
Often its pronounced.  
Or, its a little more subtle.  
In Texas, its pronounced.  
Definitely pronounced.  
I stumbled across this antique store... 


With a sign out front like "Whoa Here", how could I possibly resist.  



Armadillos.  Interesting.  As I stood staring at them, strangely, they began growing on me. Weird. I do love discovering new things.

Is pink in your color palette?

So many bloggers show their incredible, unique, awesome finds from forays like today's.
Could this piece count?  
Is there a design spot for this statement?

Oh silly, silly me... I decided to continue on inside of the shop.

Oh my!  Oh my! 
Cracker Jack incredible!
I began panting hard with giddiness. 
The shop was FILLED with Mexican Talavera pottery.
I LOVE Talavera pottery from Mexico.
Wow.
I so enjoy discovering new places each state has to offer.
It was truly like finding the toy at the bottom of the box of cracker jacks!
I patted the tin armadillo as I trotted out with these beautiful finds.  
They are now mine!


Blue and White Talavera pottery from Mexico





No comments:

Post a Comment