Thursday, February 24, 2011

An Award! Pour Moi!

suethisone.jpg





Awwwwww...  


I've seen these awards get passed around.  I didn't really know what they were about.   But here is an award  that has landed on my doorstep from the really sweet 
The Fancy Flea 
 She lives far away in  Queensland, Australia.  I can't believe someone from Queensland is connecting with someone way down here in Texas.  That is the absolute beauty of blogging.  Connections.  What an impact all of us out here will have on the world.  I definitely know it is for the better.


Just so she knows, we are all following the devastating earthquake that hit her neighbor, New Zealand this week.  We are hoping and praying for all of the survivors and people affected by this tragedy.  What sad photos of the destruction are hitting us all.


Now. I am ready to accept this "Versatile Blogger Award", say 7 things about me, and then pass the torch on to 7 more bloggers that I enjoy...


Here are the rules (or should we say... guidelines...)


1.Thank the person who gave you the award, and link back to them in your post.


 Thank you Lauren!  So sweet, just like your blog!
2.Tell us seven things about yourself.
3.Award 7 recently discovered new bloggers.
4. Contact these bloggers and let them know they’ve received the award.
7 Things about me:


1.  I am scared to death of anything that buzzes.  I even had to turn the buzzer off of the dryer because I would freak out.  I have never been stung by a bee and I am trying desperately to keep it that way.  Unfortunately, I have passed on my manic behavior to my children so when something is buzzing, we are quite the sight...


2. I went to a school deep in the south of Louisiana.  During the Civil War (NOT that I was around then...) the school made an agreement with both the North and the South that the girls attending the school would continue their education, unharmed.  They did.  The war raged within miles around.


3.  I surprised my husband years ago with a trip to Tasmania, Australia.  We were set to backpack for 5 days on the island.  The season was Spring.  A freak snowstorm hit the island and 4 feet of snow fell within a day.  We were stranded in a makeshift hut with 2 jolly ranchers as survival food for 2 days.  We hiked out in thigh high snow for 6 hours before we finally reached safety.  Our souvenir from that ordeal were leeches on (MY!) big toe and sun burns on our eyes from the glare of all that snow.  Surprise birthday, indeed, honey!


4.  O.K.,  I am getting long-winded.  I didn't think I could figure out much to say about myself.  Figures (snort).  Sooooooo, I'm basically long-winded and could probably chat with an ant crawling across the floor and more than likely be pretty content.


5. We were living in Japan when 9/11 happened.  Months later, we were invited to a special event.  It was in honor of the victims of 9/11.  We had no idea that upon arrival there would be hundreds of Japanese supporters at the event and WE (yes, the 4 of us) were the honored guests of the entire evening and special seats were reserved for us smack in the middle of this huge auditorium.


6.  When I was 6 mos. old, we moved to  Tehran, Iran.  A few years later, the Shah was overthrown and we were part of the sudden evacuation as well as all of the other American families.


7.  I have this flat part on the top of my head.  I can't stand it.  I am always embarrassed about it at the hair salon.  I have just found the most adorable stylist who crafted a sweet cut that rounds out my "flat top"!  Oh, bless you Mallory.


And now, I will grace this "Versatile Blogger Award" on 7 bloggers that make my heart go pitter-patter...


1. Sonias Wonder World
2.A Good Appetite
3.Rhayne
4.Apples in Wonderland
5.Angie Muresan
6.Collage of Life
7.Marcie Scudder Photography





No comments:

Post a Comment