Monday, January 10, 2011

A RECIPE FOR PEOPLE THAT LIKE FOOD

I don't know what your market is called wherever all of you live but here we go to Publix. It looks like this


Anyway, this post most certainly is NOT about a stupid shopping market...it is about a delicious recipe of the salad kind. You've done it, we've all done it...its FREE SAMPLES TIME! Oooh how we love free sample time at the grocery store. This one particular time I stopped at the "Aprons Booth" and they were making this delicious Greek cucumber salad. It seriously blew my socks off with its tastiness, and I said we've got to make this.  We grabbed the card & the ingredients: (this is where you might want to practice that copy and paste sequence)

Ingredients
1 cucumber
1 pint cherry tomatoes
1/2 cup pre-diced onions
1/2 cup Greek salad dressing
1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
 
Prep
  • Peel cucumber, if desired, then cut in half lengthwise. Slice thinly and place in medium bowl.
  • Cut cherry tomatoes lengthwise into quarters; add to cucumbers.
Steps
  1. Stir in remaining ingredients until evenly coated.
  2. Let stand 10–15 minutes to blend flavors. Stir and serve.CALORIES:  140kcal; FAT 11g; CHOL 0mg; SODIUM 520mg; CARB 31g; FIBER 2g; PROTEIN 1g; VIT A 15%; VIT C 20%; CALC 2%; IRON 2% 
Not only is it quick and easy, but its deliciouso and is a great alternative to regular 'ol tradish salad. The only thing I added on top that the recipe didn't call for was some Feta Cheese, I highly recommend you do it. 




 BAM! There it is. I don't have a fancy camera, although I'd like one....so I take a lot of random crappy pics with my severely outdated phone. This is the last time I'm apologizing for it. Ok maybe not.

Enjoy!   -Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment