Thursday, August 12, 2010

4 moms Open House



It's time for another week of Open House with 4 moms. You can find them @ Raising Olives, The Common Room, Life in a Shoe, and Smockity Frocks. Be sure to link up with them if you plan on participating!!

This week they are sharing what their kitchens and dining rooms look like. So here is mine. Thankfully I had been keeping up pretty well this past week with clutter, so both are relatively clean for you today! :)


Here is the view of the kitchen right when you walk in from the mudroom/entry way. The door to the basement is marked, however there is also a door right across from there that is my pantry area. Since I have limited drawer space, I love my pantry a lot! The side of our fridge is used quite a bit as you can see. I have a organizing pocket system for our bills, mail and things each of us want to keep. My husband's work schedule is also posted as well as a church activity calendar.


Now the view from the opposite end.


For some reason my flash would not go off for this shot, probably because of the windows. The dark corner on the left has my dried herb rack, olive oil and coffee/tea maker. The black canisters on the right have flour, sugar, and brown sugar in them. Also my little fruit bowl that has apples from my parent's trees. I try to keep the counters relatively clear for more work space, since it is limited!

Here is a better view the stove area. You can see the black corner in this one a little better. :)

Now to the dining room, which is right off the kitchen area. 

 Here I am standing in the middle of the kitchen, the dining room would be to the right as you come in through the mudroom area.

 And here is our table! You can see part of the living room, and my hubby in this shot. :) Also, 1 of the 2 corner cabinets which are original to the house.


Now making our way around, you can see our book case, and my work mess there on the floor. I start work on Monday, so all the things in the corner on the right will soon be in my car till next summer! The bookcase does not have all of our books in it either, there are 2 or 3 boxes more in the basement! You can also see my teddy bear collection sitting there guarding the books. :)


And lastly, this is the view looking in from the living room. The bookcase on the right is waiting to go to its home in the basement. I would like to eventually get a buffet table to put there. Also, you can see the second corner cabinet!

Thanks for stopping by! Come back next week to see the living room area!


~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment