Monday, July 12, 2010

Weekend Happenings

Friday was a great night, Laura and I attended Nathan & Dustin's last softball game, they ended up being second in the league. It's always fun to go on a Friday and sit in the dugout with the guys and my girl Laura & drink a couple beers. We met up at Shuttles afterwards, (one of our favorite places in North Merritt island) to celebrate the end of the season with the team. Several people from our neighborhood are on the team so we get to catch up with them too. Next flag football season starts, but not until the fall. It will be much nicer to sit outside and not sweat our butts off.

On another note, here's a picture of our new cactus. A friend of our neighbor gave them a clipping of their plant, and they gave it to us. We're not sure if it's going to make it, but only time will tell. It will look really nice as it grows. I love how bright green cactus' are.


I also kicked Nathan's but in darts for the first time. I had to document this occasion, because it isn't very often I beat him in any type of sport or game. I was very proud.


Saturday morning we headed off to the St. Pete area to help my step-brother & sister-in-law pack up to move back to Michigan. We had a great time on Saturday night, we went to this great restaurant..I forget its name, but its totally rad. Live music, water, tiki & great drink prices. Ladies got a little tipsy, but it was a great night. We also went to the dog beach one last time with the dogs. Let me just say...this is the best beach I've ever been to where you can bring your dog. I just love watching all the dogs play, they're all so happy. Bella and Penny spent a good amount of time fetching the ball in the water, swimming, digging holes, and making dog friends. Its a great place to bond with your dog, and give them your full attention. They need that you know.
 

Steph was kind enough to offer her Elliptical Machine as they were packing up their stuff. I couldn't be more ecstatic! This is seriously something that I've wanted so badly. I'm not really a gym membership kind of person, it just isn't for me. But I'm going to use this thing every day! I started today, and did 40 minutes. The trick is..to put your laptop/TV on in front of it and watch a good show so you aren't thinking about how your legs feel like marshmallows. I'm proud of myself today, because I haven't exercised in a long time, and hopefully it will help me sleep better at night.


My goal in this daily exercising routine is not exactly to lose weight per say, but to tone up, keep my heart healthy, and get rid of that loose skin that makes my cellulite show. Yes even little skinny people get cellulite. I hope I'm not viewed as vain, I just want to keep my body healthy and trim. I get self-conscious about my body as everyone else does. I took some pictures today of my torso from the front view and the side view, no you can't see...but I think I will start posting pics as I progress. I think after I start seeing results I will become even more motivated.

I need sleep, so this is where we part ways. Goodnight!

No comments:

Post a Comment