Sunday, July 18, 2010

I had a farm in Africa...


Today at the TV I saw (again) Out of Africa. I really love that film and everything that you can see on it, it's one of the most beautiful love sotries that I've ever seen. I feel a little bit like Karen and Denys; I mean, I want to be a free soul as Denys (I think I am) but I would love to be as strong and brave as Karen, an independent woman as she was.


Meryl Streep and Robert Redford as Karen and Denys in the 1985 film Out of Africa.

After leaving Africa, Karen Blixen became a writer, something difficult for a woman. I really admire women who were writers in the past centuries; it was very strange and complicated for them became a writer, so they used false names.
Since I was a child, I always wanted to be a writer. I wrote one of my very first stories with nine years old. Then, with eleven years, I started to compose poems. I've got at home about eleven different "books" I wrote when I was younger. I've got lots of stories in the computer, but I don't know why, I can't end any of them; and it's not about inspiration, but I can't write.

 Two pictures of Karen Blixen, when she was young and in ther older years.

Maybe is because I feel sad, but I hope I would end some of the things I've got on my mind, and show them to you one of these days. From all the things I've always wanted to do with my life, the top of my personal list was become a writer, since I can remember.



I'm sorry about the last entries; really really sorry, but my mood these days is like this... but I'll try to be strong, as Karen :)
Maybe, one of these days, I'll have a farm in Africa. Or in Sweden, who knows.

No comments:

Post a Comment