Wednesday, July 7, 2010

A Gloomy But Fun 4th Of July

The day before the fourth we had a gathering of people over for dinner and fun. Nathan made homemade pulled pork, homemade beans, and homemade coleslaw. I'm not really a fan of coleslaw, but let me tell you...I loved his version. It was a great opportunity to break in that lovely food processor we recently purchased. Everyone had a great time, and eventually the Wii was turned on, and our inner Rock stars came out. Good drinks all around...maybe a little too many good drinks. Ha Ha booty dance.


We were going to have a pool party, but it never happened. Rock Band was just too much fun. Here's another pic of us girls! Both my besties.


Courtney stayed the entire weekend, and I was totally thrilled! It rained all day on the 4th,  so she and I took over the living room and watched two girlie movies in a row. Nathan wanted nothing to do with the movies so he escaped to the bedroom.


Both were good..how can you NOT want to watch Dear John when there's an actor as hot as him! Remember me was a better story..more like an indie film feel. I recommend them both. Have you seen them? What did you think?

Monday Courtney, Nathan, Dustin & I went out on Dustin's boat. I finally got the courage to try wake boarding, I've been hesitant because of my old neck injury. I got up on my second try, and was quite proud considering I've seen guys try to get up over and over again and finally giving up. I think it was easier for me because I have experience in both water skiing and snowboarding, so that pretty much set the foundation. All in all, a great weekend.

That's it for today bloggers...
Kat

No comments:

Post a Comment