Monday, June 21, 2010

Wedding Day Reflections


 It's time for the Completing Him Challenge again today. This week we are remembering our wedding day and the vows that we said to each other. So here are some pictures from our wedding day.

We were married on a very humid and hot Ohio day of August 27, 2006. There was 80% chance of rain that day and I hardly slept the night before because our wedding was, of course, outside!! I think everyone was praying that the rain would hold off. Our wedding rehearsal was poured on and so I was praying literally all day that the rain would not come till 3:00pm (our wedding was set to begin at 1:30pm).

 We made it through the first set of pictures with blue sky and very sticky temperatures. While waiting for the wedding to start I sat in a friends car with the air conditioning at full blast!

And then 1:30 came and the wedding began! I remember thinking not to look at my mom while walking down the aisle because I knew she would be crying and I didn't want to start crying either!


David wrote our vows for that day. I thought I had a copy of them somewhere, but I couldn't find them. However, I know he did a very nice job and it meant a lot to me, because I knew that he meant every word, and so did I.


So after three long years of waiting, we were finally married! During the last few minutes of the ceremony we started to hear thunder. We were able to take a few pictures of us together and then we jumped into the car to drive to the reception. As soon as we pulled out of the driveway of the park, the heavens let loose! Praise the Lord, the rain had been held off for our day!





 ~ Heather

No comments:

Post a Comment