Thursday, June 24, 2010

Friendships

I've been thinking lately about people in my life that have come and gone. I feel like I've struggled with female friendships for a long time and I'm not sure why. Am I not putting enough effort into it? So many wonderful people have come into my life, but its hard in your 20's because eventually everyone moves on looking for the next big thing in life. Maybe that is why I've been so hesitant to make new friendships, because eventually they will move away, and we'll never talk again. Why should I put the effort into it?

Over the years I have become close with a small group of people that I consider my good friends, and I like it that way. Some live near me, and some don't but we at least make the effort to call each other or email each other and give updates on our lives, and tell each other that we miss them. Some friends back in Michigan I have pretty much gave up on and have just let go, figuring they are doing the same. I don't need any negativity in my life and I don't want to be around it anymore. Do you have a friend that lives life for an audience, that tries to be "better" than anyone else? That looks down on other people for the choices that they make & is constantly negative when you're together? I do, and I'm distancing myself.

I've always wanted a "Best Friend", someone to do girl stuff with, someone to cry with, someone to compare myself to, someone to look up to. Maybe I'm just not best friend material, i don't know how people see me. I have a couple great girl friends here that I love spending time with, but it doesn't happen as often as I'd like.

Anyway, just thought I'd share!

No comments:

Post a Comment