Sunday, May 9, 2010

Devil Prawn Al Ajillo for Noynoy Aquino!


The color of my day is yellow. It reminds me of Philippine democracy way back 1986. Today the republic of the Philippines will have their national election. There are potential candidates among the list but I will tie a yellow ribbon again on my hair the way I did when I was this little girl. That was the time when the Philippine democracy was restored. I am waving my hair with yellow ribbon for Noynoy Aquino! He is the son of Cory Aquino former president & Ninoy Aquino our national hero. His parents were the people behind our democracy today. In spite of the hideous political accusations against him and tons of people underestimating him for being weak, I am for Noynoy Aquino!

Our country doesn't need an intelligent leader to change our political landscape. We already had that for how many years nothing has changed. I am not saying that Noynoy is not intelligent enough to be our president but he's very low profile and it's up to us to discover and give the chance to this bright man to shine. We need someone who has a genuine heart and has a selfless love for his country. We've suffered enough from corruption; it's time to wake up with a new beginning. And let's begin today.

PILIPINAS, VOTE WISELY!!!

Since Philippines was discovered and colonized by the Spaniards since 1500's, I am sharing this Catalan inspired recipe I did before I headed to Nha Trang last week for my birthday. Brace yourself to a garlic overload dish.


DEVIL PRAWN AL AJILLO

Ingredients:

• Prawns (deveined)
• Butter + Olive Oil
• Paprika/Cayenne Pepper/Black Pepper
• Garlic (minced)
• Fresh Chili (seeded & minced)
• Lemon + Salt

Procedure:

Heat pan in a medium temperature. Melt butter then add olive oil. Add garlic and stir it for 2-3 minutes. Add the chili then the prawns and stir it for 3-5 minutes. Add Paprika, Cayenne, Black pepper and salt. Then lastly squeeze some lemon in to it. Mix them well and stir-fry all together for another 2-3 minutes. Serve with nice Ciabatta or Focaccia bread.

Disfrute de esta receta deliciosa picante!!!

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment