Friday, April 30, 2010

Supperlicious....

Today after I got home from work I decided to make gluten steaks for supper. I have not had these in ages and it is one veggie dish that David actually likes. So I figured I should make them! Here is the recipe, that I got from my mom.


Gluten
1 1/2 C. walnuts
1/4 cup rolled oats
1/4 cup yeast flakes
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 cup whole wheat flour
2 cups cold water
2 cups gluten flour
Blend walnuts and oats on high until ground. Pour into bowl and add flours and seasonings. Add cold water and quickly knead. (I usually rifrigerate this dough for a little while) Cut into desired shape depending on which entree will be used or roll into a log shape about 2" in diameter. Cut into 3/4' slices and drop into boiling Broth and boil for about 1-2 hours until done or soft throughout.
There are two different broths you can use. Here are both, I used the second one this time, minus the chopped onions. 
Broth #1
10 cups water
1/3 cup soy sauce
1 1/4 tsp salt
1/2 tsp sage
1 3/4 tsp thyme
1 1/4 tsp oregano
2 1/2 cup sliced onions
Broth #2
10 cups water
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp garlic powder
1 1/2 tsp McKays Chicken seasoning
1/4 cup yeast flakes
1/2 tsp celery seed
1/2/tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp. soy oil
1 tsp sweet basil
2 bay leaves
1 cup chopped onions




No comments:

Post a Comment