Saturday, April 17, 2010

Cooking, cooking, cooking.....

Whew, I don't think I have ever cooked so much in a short amount of time. It is 11:30pm right now and I have made three different dishes since around 9:30pm. I know very late, but there is a reason. We are going to Columbus tomorrow to visit with some good friends of ours from church who just had a baby, 4 weeks early. I wanted to make some food to take up for them. So after Sabbath we ran to the store so I could get some items and I have made three different things, all my own recipes I guess you could say. Here there are.

Vegetable Lasagna

1 box of lasagna noodles
1 large jar of tomato sauce (I used Prego)
Spinach
Zucchini
Ricotta cheese
Shredded cheese

I boiled the noodles and then started the layering. Sauce to cover the bottom of the dish first. In between each layer of noodles I put spinach, zucchini, ricotta and a little bit of shredded cheese on one layer. I did about 4 layers and then on the top I put the rest of the sauce and some shredded cheese.

I think I am going to cut it in half because it turned out huge and they might get scared with so much food, lol!Plus I want to taste it too! :P

The next thing I made was Veggie "Chicken" Noodle Soup

2 quarts of water
2 bags of Amish style noodles
4 TBS of McKay's chicken style flavoring
2 cans of Fri-chik
Carrots

I diced the fri-chik and the carrots, added all the ingredients together and simmered for about 15-30 minutes. And I did save some for us, plus taste it! It was pretty good!! :)

The last dish I made is a family secret potato recipe that I have been sworn into secrecy for by David's mom. But I will say there are only 3 ingredients and that includes the potatoes. It is always a hit anywhere I take it. When our friend was pregnant one of the only things she could tolerate was potatoes, so I made this dish for church pot-lucks so she would have something to eat.

So if you ever want to taste it, I guess you will have to come on over! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment