Thursday, March 11, 2010

Southern Fried Chicken - Dixie Style: Food Tip of the Day - Thursday, March 11th, 2010

Firstly, I have to apologise for not having a photograph to include along with today's food tip of the day. The simple reason for that is that this is not something I have ever endeavoured to make, therefore I do not have an appropriate representation in my extensive archives. I could of course simply include a photograph of a chicken dish that I have prepared at some point in the past and hope that it serves to stimulate your interest and your taste buds...???

OK, the image is not of the delectable Southern Fried Chicken which I hope to promote today but at least it is chicken. The recipe which I am including today for you to take a look at is by a lady who brands herself as, "DixieMockingbird," on Hub Pages. I actually only came across this lady's presence and database of extensive, delicious recipes today but I was so excited by them, I deemed to include her immediately on this blog.

The particular page to which I refer for Southern Fried Chicken includes not only extensive textual instruction, it includes a number of wonderful photographic representations of the dish. I very much hope that you will check it out via the link below:

Perfect Fried Chicken - The Real Southern Deal

I have found two further sources for this lady's recipes which you may also wish to consult if you have enjoyed that which is linked to above. Links are below:

The Thrillbilly Gourmet
The Thrillbilly Gourmet (Right here on Blogger!)

Additional Bonus Today!

By coincidence, it was pointed out to me in an e-mail but a few days ago that I have not included any musical entertainment on the blog for a while. Well, today affords me the opportunity to not only rectify that situation but to incorporate my all-time favourite recording by my all time favourite singer...

This is dedicated to, "DixieMockingbird," with my thanks for her excellent recipes.

Simply click on the arrow in the centre of the screen below to listen to the King of Rock 'n' Roll, Elvis Presley, sing, "An American Trilogy..."

No comments:

Post a Comment