Tuesday, March 16, 2010

NYDC in Saigon


Hello friends from Manhattan!

I just want the share to my readers and the New Yorkers around Saigon that there's this cafe called NYDC right at the center of District 1 in Ho Chi Minh City. The newly renovated NYDC has its New York feel compared to their old interior. Now they really have the vibe of a Manhattan apartment. This place is my favorite cafe for breakkie, lunchie and for coffee or dessert. I have this spot in this cafe where I get a great view of Notre Dame de Saigon (named after Notre Dame de Paris). Nice to look at especially when you are drinking coffee or savoring your dessert. The spot is so perfect when I need moments to think especially about work and other things about life to ponder on.



They have this breakfast with bacon, sausage and egg which happened to be my favorite. And I love the bread because the dough is so fine and it tastes so good. I hardly find a nice or at least decent bread in Saigon, but the one in NYDC is unexpectedly above the average! The next thing I like about them that made me spend my lunch there over and over again is because of their set meal. They have pastas, baked rice and sandwich to choose from for your main course. And either soup or salad for the starter. Default dessert is Creme Brulee, which is my favorite! The set meal also includes drink which is a choice of coffee or tea. The serving is generous, no need to worry! Price is very very reasonable for 100,000 dong including tax. Not bad.

Coffee, Tea or me?


It's quite out of the topic but I have to mention that I am going to stop cooking for a month because I have to undergo surgery and I have to be in a complete bed rest. So I am going to hold my brushes and splatter some paint on my canvass again. Recently, I noticed receiving negative comments from anonymous people. I later found out the origin and the exact details of this person commenting here. I don't want to be rude to people. And I got tired replying the comments from this person so I stop posting the post from the same origin. I don't write for people who are not interested in the same interests and passion I have. Having been blessed with my cooking and artistic talent, I owe it to my creator-GOD! I don't claim to be expert of any of those two which I brand my self to be, but I definitely claim that I am passionate of both craft and happy to share my experiences in life. Success is given to those who are humble about themselves and to those who are not stepping on someone's foot. But I do believe detractors are everywhere, they are like mushrooms that pop. They will pull you down, but I will not allow anyone. See you guys in the next days as I post my painting saga.

Good afternoon New York!

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment