Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Devotional Thought

I am reading through Isaiah for my devotion in the morning and I wanted to share a couple verses with you!

      Thus says God the LORD,
      Who created the heavens and stretched them out,
      Who spread forth the earth and that which comes from it,
      Who gives breath to the people on it,
      And spirit to those who walk on it:
       “ I, the LORD, have called You in righteousness,
      And will hold Your hand;
      I will keep You and give You as a covenant to the people,
      As a light to the Gentiles, Isaiah 42:5-6

These verses made me think of all the people in the world that claim there is no God and that we all just came from a "big bang." And here, God is very clear about where we came from and who made us. Isn't that a wonderful thing to know? That the God of the universe made US and allows us to live. And then the second verse gives us the reason. He wants us to live for him, as a light to the rest of the world! 

No comments:

Post a Comment