Wednesday, January 13, 2010

UST - College of Architecture and Fine Arts


I feel a bit sentimental today because I terribly miss college. After watching several episodes of the famous Australian Mockumentary "Summer Heights High" I suddenly miss going to school.

Early this morning I was tagged in Facebook in one of our college photos. I suddenly remember who I was before. I was this skinny long hair girl full of dreams and fought blood and tears just to enter her dream university with her dream degree. I miss my Fine Arts days. Things were simpler back then. All I need to think about was to finish my plates to be submitted on deadline and have it passed then that's it! Life is different now. More responsibilities and complications.

I do love my course. I supposed to take up HRM - Major in Food Nutrition but I decided not. I find Fine Arts more interesting and filled with tons of adventures. And besides I can always do cooking whenever I want. True enough the day I decided I also want to be in the heat of the kitchen, I never stopped cooking sumptuous dishes since then.

Despite the temptations during college, I remained to be a goody-two-shoes. I was quiet. I rarely talk. I don't have group of friends 'til the latter part of my college days when I found the company of Harbey & Warren. My two best dudes up to these days of my life. Our story is another story that I think is also monumental.

If I will check out the life of each of my classmates now, I think they went a long way the day we wore our toga and received our bachelor's degree. Most of them are married with kids, some look different the way they were in college and some remain the same. I do miss doing manual plates where in I sketch, I paint and all those hard work versus the technology of computerized plates these days. I can't imagine myself with any course. I am proud to wear my chocolate brown pants and polo shirt with vertical stripes! The coolest uniform in our university back then. But of course a lot of things have changed since the day we all left our Alma mater. How I miss my school.

I am MANALANG JOAN y MARCELO
Has a degree of BACHELOR OF FINE ARTS
Major in ADVERTISING ARTS
Graduated from UNIVERSITY OF SANTO TOMAS

I wish I could go back to college...

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment