Tuesday, December 15, 2009

I'll do it before, and I'd do it again...

Parc de la Estació del Nord, Barcelona

Suddenly, weather has changed, it is cold and that makes me a good mood ...

Hi everyone! How was your tuesday? I spent my tuesday with some friends around Barcelona, eating sushi, having a delicious tea in a lovely place called Rosa Blanca (an art-coffee bar) and looking for cds (finally, I've got my "never seen the light of day" by Mando Diao, the Spanish special edition with sings!).

Arch of Triumph, Barcelona
 
 
Rosa Blanca art-cafe Bar

Shirt - Zara
cardigan - Zara
Skirt - Baby, the Stars Shine bright
Tights - Calzedonia
Boots - Aces of London
Yellow ribbon - Offbrand


I keep thinking about men's fashion, and today I can think about three examples from the world of music to illustrate my tastes on the general male aesthetic, and why I don't  feel it's boring at all.

The first one is Paul Banks, guitarist and singer of the band Interpol. The truth is that Paul seems like a fairly attractive man with exquisite style to choosing clothes. Always wears an elegant, sometimes even a little retro and mod style, uses shirts and suits jacket, either formal or casual. Furthermore, he's normally using a style of glasses that I love!
 

Another singer whose style is worth my attention is another Paul, but in this case is Paul Smith, frontman of the wonderful band Maxïmo Park. Besides being a person with a compelling charisma and dazzles you from the first moment in which jumps on stage (something I could live last summer), Paul has a very personal style of dress. For the proceedings is usually dressed in jacket, shirt, bow tie or tie, always very elegant and wearing hats.

However, daily, choose a more casual or sport where you use caps, sneakers, jeans, shirts or polos; always trying to look fun yet formal.



And the third one is, fo course, Björn Dixgard from Mando Diao.


At concerts, he and the band usually choose a complete look black, although in many cases simply chooses shirt and jeans. The truth is that his style is nothing special (although the campaign he did for Ben Sherman makes me think otherwise), but I especially like the way they dress (and also Gustaf, the whole band in general).




I would also like to make a special mention to The Hives, another Swedish band that I love, they have a great styling!
 

So, who's your favourite?




Sigo pensando sobre la moda masculina, y hoy se me ocurren tres grandes ejemplos del mundo de la música para ilustraros mis gustos sobre la estética masculina en general, y el por qué considero que no es aburrida.

El primero de ellos es Paul Banks, guitarrista y cantante de la banda Interpol. La verdad es que Paul me parece un hombre bastante atractivo y con un estilo exquisito a la hora de elegir la ropa. Siempre luce un aire elegante, a veces un poco retro e incluso mod, utilizando camisas y trajes de chaqueta, bien de forma formal o casual. Además, usa un estilo de gafas que me encantan!


Otro cantante cuyo estilismo merece mi atención es otro Paul, pero en este caso se trata de Paul Smith, frontman de la maravillosa banda Maxïmo Park. Además de ser una persona con un carisma irrefutable y que te encandila desde el primer momento en el cual salta a escena (algo que he podido vivir en directo), Paul tiene un estilo muy personal de vestir. Para las actuaciones suele ir en traje de chaqueta, con camisa, pajarita o corbata; siempre muy elegante y utilizando sombreros.

No obstante, de diario, elige un estilo más casual o sport donde utiliza gorras, zapatillas de deporte, vaqueros, camisetas o polos; siempre procurándose un aspecto divertido pero a la vez formal.


Y el tercero es, por supuesto, Björn Dixgard de Mando Diao.


En los conciertos, tanto él como la banda suelen elegir un look completo de negro, aunque en muchas ocasiones sencillamente opta por camisa y vaqueros. La verdad, no es que su estilo sea nada del otro mundo (aunque la campaña que realizó para Ben Sherman me hace pensar lo contrario); pero a mí me gusta especialmente la forma en la que viste (y Gustaf también, toda la banda en general).


Me gustaría también hacer una mención especial a The Hives, otra banda sueca que además de apasionarme, tienen un estilismo fantástico!

 

¿Quién es vuestro favorito?

No comments:

Post a Comment