Monday, November 2, 2009

Last pics from Hawaii

We got behind on our blog, but we wanted to share some of the last pictures from Hawaii with you...

This is our hotel...great location!

the lobby

Cute shot before I joined them in the elevator

In the corridor to our rooms...always picturesque every time we passed by

Looking down from our balcony


Across the street from our hotel....you could rent "toys" from him....snorkels, boards, etc.

Diamondhead ~ this was the view from our front door

Trying for a group shot in the sunset....some of them turned out, others not so good.....


We can't even remember what was going on for this shot....it was taken soon after we saw a gang of young locals fighting....seriously fighting, punching, pulling hair....it was awful!






Submarine on the left


I loved seeing this boat out there....and the color of the water!







Yes, I got a little carried away with the sunset pictures, but I couldn't help myself. It was a beautiful evening and I wanted to somehow capture it for myself and to share with others.

Coconut tree...this is becoming a regular signature shot for me. When I look at a tree I just have to put the camera on the trunk and click.


Every single day was perfect for the week that we spent in Hawaii. We loved visiting old places that brought back forgotten whispers of thirty years ago. We enjoyed experiencing an island culture very different from our landlocked lives. But most of all, we appreciated connecting with our grandfather, and hearing stories of his life as he became a precious part of ours. We miss you, Grandpa Phil. Thank you for everything!!! We love you.
Aloha~ Sage and Tera



No comments:

Post a Comment