Wednesday, October 7, 2009

You can be a “Biggest Loser”, too!

Were you one of probable millions sitting on your tushie last night thinking, “If only I had a Bob or Jillian to whip me into shape…”? If so, your dream (or worst nightmare) can come true for a mere $2,000 per week during an extended stay at Utah’s Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge.

At the Biggest Loser Resort, people live a life mimicking that of NBC’s Biggest Loser contestants –- 1,200 calories a day and 8-9 hours a day spent exercising.

Just for $hits and giggles, I called toll-free number for the Biggest Loser Resort at Fitness Ridge on my lunch hour today. A very pleasant (and clueless) woman answered my call, eager to take down my contact information, how I had heard about the resort, and of course, if I was interested in making a reservation. I cautiously explained my interest in calling...something along the lines of, “I am interested in learning more about the nutrition counseling offered at the resort after reading the available resort services on your website.” After learning that I was 1) a dietitian, and 2) not interested in making a reservation, she put me on hold to find out whether or not their “nutrition professional” was, in fact, a registered dietitian. She returned only to ask that I put my request into writing and the inquiry would be forwarded to the appropriate party.


So, what do YOU think of such a weight-loss experience? It leaves me speechless as to how ANY medical professional would deem it appropriate to have any Biggest Loser participants on a 1,200 calorie diet. Anyways, any OTHER opinions out there? I do think the concept is great, but the execution needs some alterations.

No comments:

Post a Comment