Friday, October 2, 2009

My Oktoberfest


How time flies, really. It's October once again and it's my favorite time of the year to drool with some beers. It's really my pleasure to experience this month called "Oktoberfest" worldwide. It originated in Germany but it's now celebrated around the globe. Let me share you my past, present and future significant Oktoberfest celebration.

It was sometime in October 24, 2007, I was in Claremont Hotel Toorak Road in South Yarra, Melbourne. It was past midnight and I was very tired but can't sleep after my whole day trip at The Great Ocean Road thru the long strip of Geelong to Portland. I can't sleep because I found out that there's a spirit loitering around the hall way. My mate had goose bumps after hearing the spirit whispered. Instead of being afraid, I braved the night and went down and walked on Toorak Road. I stumbled on a store and bought a bottle of Tooheys. I was chilling when I went back to Claremont. I stopped in a closed Cafe with chairs and tables outside and with the view of the tram railway. I tried to drink my Toohey's quickly when a local Melbourne dude stopped. He told me that Tooheys is not a good beer. He sat for a moment and asked if I am a Korean or Chinese. He never figured out that I am a Filipino. I forgot to reveal. He kept me company 'til I finished my bottle of Tooheys. I was a bit scared, frankly. But I later sensed that this guy is harmless. he even accompanied me going back to the hotel. He wanted to make sure I'd be safe going back to the hotel. I wasn't able to ask his name, He didn't ask mine too. But if God permits me to see this guy again, I'll definitely remember his face. I often ponder of him lately. The what if's of life. I never told anyone about this story, and it's my first time here in my blog. All I remember the guy is from St. Kilda, a good harmonica player. That's the main reason why I love the place so much. Only fate can bring two people again, I guess. That's the best Oktoberfest in my life. One I can never forget and will always ponder on.

Back here in Saigon, October has just began. I look forward on how to celebrate my Oktober fest here in my hub at Sky Garden. I am really really craving for my black beer with honey syrup. I hope to bring home some Guinness one of these days. I hope I can pursue this with the idea I am still stitching at this very moment. I hope all my dudes can join me with this beer dinner party.

Few months from now I'll be in London. (Hopefully) I look forward drinking this Double Chocolate Stout. It will not be October by the time I go there but I will guarantee to celebrate Oktoberfest on my birthday. Looking forward to this UK-Euro '10 trip. I am still crossing my fingers with this plan.

In the mean time, I will finish my 333 beer.
(My favorite here in Saigon)

Cheers! :)

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment