Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Spirit of 69 fashion


The skin movement, specially the skingirls one, is a part of my fashion inspiration; I've been wearing the chelsea haircut during all the summer (but now it's long, and I really don't know what to do with my hair... any idea?).

Anyway, everyone who knows me knows I am no political, and I really don't mind about skins' politics ideas and things like that; the only way I feel about it it's with the "Spirit of 69", you know, all the non-political movement (and actually, I'm more punk than skin, that's a fact that everybody knows too).



Chelsea or skingirls style has always fascinated me; I love the Doc Martens' boots, the Shermans, the colored or simply the white braces... I find it elegant and rude at the same time. remember that the skin movement motion arises from Mod movement; at the very beginning they were called "Rude Boys" because of their attitude and their elegance and savage at once.


Well, when I was at BCN last month, I buy this pair of boots at H&M:


I don't have enough money for buying the original Doc Martens (by the moment), so I bought this lovely imitation in pink colour, because I always wanted the original Doc martens in pink. I've got some friends who are skins (from the Spirit of 69) and told me that I was crazy and I should buy them in cherry red or black... but what the hell, they're my boots! So now I've got them in pink.

The fact is that I've always wanted to mix the Lolita and Chelsea Style, and now I'm gonna make it almost properly. I found this lovely coordination at the Putumayo's page this morning:


And I think that, with a jacket and without the necklace, it would be almost perfect. I've got very similar clothes at my wardrobe, so I guess that I'll try this weekend.

Anyway, this is what I'm wearing today at work, a small tribute to the movement...


Shirt - Springfield Man
T-shirt - Bershka
Shorts - Zara
Leggings - Zara
Boots - H&M
Hairband - H&M
Belt - offbrand

Have a nice day!

No comments:

Post a Comment