Thursday, September 10, 2009

Carrot Yema Balls

Yema balls is one of my favorite desserts to do. I had my craving a week ago of doing this traditional Filipino dessert. My secret for my Yema Balls is adding mashed potato to make it more beefy. One day I headed to the supermarket and bought the ingredients for my Yema balls. I got a bit disappointed not to find some potatoes. So to substitute, I bought carrots instead. I'm afraid it won't result as good as the potato version but surprisingly it did! This new concoction is very sinful but very healthy also on the other hand. My Chinese, Thai & Vietnamese friends tasted it. They find it too sweet but very yummy. I myself was also surprised that I can eat 4 balls in one eating. Quite a lot. So allow me to share you this simple recipe I concocted.

Ingredients:
• 1 can Condensed Milk
• 3 pcs. Large Carrot
• Vanilla Ice Cream
• 3 pcs. Egg yolks
• 100 grams Cashew Nuts
• Butter

Procedure:
Boil carrots for 20 minutes. Make sure you have it over cooked. Mashed it smoothly then set aside. Heat pan with butter then add condensed milk. Stir for 10 minutes in medium heat then add the beaten egg yolks. Continue stirring until it thickens. Add the mashed carrots then fold the mixture. Approximately it will thicken after adding the mashed carrots. Add two scoops of Vanilla Ice Cream then continue stirring until it thickens again. Add the chopped cashew nuts. When thick and ready like a mashed potato, scoop some using a spoon on your palm then roll it like a ball. Then ready. Serve hot for a unique satisfaction.

Hope you like my simple recipe :-)

hugs,
joanie xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment