Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Finally, the internet!

We finally got our internet hooked up today. Yes, it's still dial up, but at least I am connected to the outside world again! There is no high speed internet out in our area yet. I was going to take pictures today, but it is frigged cold out, so I will have to wait to take pictures outside. I am going to clean tomorrow and then take pictures of the inside.

The dogs seem to be liking the new house. The only thing they don't like is not being able to be outside much. The fence does not go all the way around the yard and there is a woods and farm fields behind our house. So we only let them out to go to the bathroom right now, so they don't run off somewhere. I already had to chase Denali in the woods in my brand new slippers. I don't plan on doing that again! We have semi taught them to come in when we shake the treat box. Cody is the best behaved at coming when called. I don't think the other two have rubbed off on him yet. Caspian and Denali are getting better. I think a lot of it is that they want to explore and we aren't letting them yet. As soon as the ground un-freezes we are going to fence in the rest of the yard. Jadis is in heaven though. I'm sure she enjoys being in the whole house instead of just one little room like she was at David's parents.

The house is mostly put together. We got a new dining room table a couple weekends ago. It is dark oak with black chairs, really simple and county looking. Right now I am working on hanging pictures. I have used a lot of my own photography and just gotten frames for them. That saves a lot of money on pictures. The last thing we need to purchase are book cases. Our dining room is quite large, so I am going to put them in there, but I want to get some nice solid wood ones to match the table and my corner cabinets. The corner cabinets are original to the house, so pretty! I put most of my little nick nack stuff in there. I also need to get more curtains. There are three big windows in the living room and another smaller one on the side of the room. My curtains from the other house are in the dining room and mud room. David's dad is also going to make my closet into a walk in. So I am living out of 3 closets right now. Since I wear my work stuff most of the time it's not a big deal.

Oh, at work today our boss informed us that we are now allowed to wear black pants or khaki pants with our red shirts. It was just khaki. It was nice not having to think about what to wear, but red and khaki was getting very old; and I've only been there 2 months! So now I can wear my black scrub pants. On Fridays it's dress down, so I can wear any of my scrubs that I want. I usually wear my blue ones that day. I think I will be sick of red for a long time.

I'll quit rambling for now. I need to go fold laundry anyways!

No comments:

Post a Comment