Thursday, January 15, 2009

Fender Bender

So I was driving on my way home from work today, talking to Sarah on the phone; planning our family vacation in May. The car in front of me stopped quick because the car in front of them was turning left. So I stopped real quick. I happened to look into my rear view mirror to see if there was a car behind me and there came a tiny little car, wizzing around the corner. Suddenly she saw that we were stopped and slammed on her brakes. There was still left over snow and ice on the roads from yesterday so she slid. I'm still talking to Sarah, but in my mind I was like "Please don't hit me, PLEASE don't hit me!" She got closer and closer and then swerved to the right to try to avoid me. In vain, she clipped the right corner of my car and came to a halt in my bumper. So suddenly I'm like "Oh crap, I was just rear ended, I need to let you go!" Poor Sarah had no clue waht happened. So the lady gets out and came up. We were in the middle of a busy road, in construction too so there was no where to pull over. So we drove up the road a tiny bit to a drive-through drink place. Her son called the police while we looked at the cars. Mine was just cracked down the bumper. Her poor little honda had a huge hole in it and the head light was busted out. So we got back in our cars to wait for the police because of course it was like 6 degrees outside today! While we were waiting I called Sarah back to let her know everything was okay! She said she heard when the lady hit me! I guess the sound was worse than the actual thing, because thankfully my car did not move forward and hit the car infront of me. I also had to call our new insurance company because we don't have our new cards yet and I knew the police would ask for my insurance even though it was her fault. Finally the sheriff gets there, because we were outside city limits so the Trenton police couldn't come. So after about a hour there, I finally get her information and came home. So we went out to eat for supper after all that in my poor little car with a boo-boo.

No comments:

Post a Comment