Thursday, August 14, 2008

celebrating bread

August 14

Thanks to Gael Greene, people following the New York food scene know that Jean-Georges Vongerichten is investing in a pizza place with Sullivan St Bakery’s Jim Lahey. Conveniently, Mr. Lahey has just brought on a new publicist, who e-mailed me to tell me he was the new publicist.
Normally I hate that — publicists telling me they have a new client. What do I care? When you have something to say about that client, let me know.
But this client is in the news, so I didn’t mind at all. In fact, I asked the publicist about the new pizzeria, and now I’ll pass his response on to you because I know you’re interested in this sort of thing:

Hi Bret,

To clarify, Jean-Georges is only an investor in the project. He has no control over the management and Jim’s vision for menu and design will be carried out. (But, not a bad person to have believe in you, right?).

The menu is still being conceptualized, but it will celebrate bread, which can be anything from bread-based foods to those foods that pair well with bread. Once we have definitive details of an opening date and a menu, you’ll be among the first to know...

No comments:

Post a Comment