Monday, July 14, 2008

A Morning Run

O God, my God, how excellent are all your works. Sitting in your Presence I am amazed at the beauty and the absurdity. That I should be a part of Your creation leaves me humbled.

This morning a bit before 6:00 I went for a run on the grassy trails of Mt. Olivet Retreat Center just south of Minneapolis. It is so remarkable to experience the early morning arousing of the world. A raccoon shuffled past exploring the possibilities as a flock of wild turkeys ignored me. A young deer, too old to be a fawn and too young to be an adult, cautiously stepped into the shelter of some evergreens as I trip-tropped along the path. Every footstep, every breath, every creature a wonderment, a miracle, a reflection of The Presence - everything, including me. Such beauty and such absurdity.

No comments:

Post a Comment