Thursday, August 9, 2007

Jazz Music Festival

I attended The 5th Manila Jazz Music Festival last June at Grand Sunset Pavilion, Sofitel Philippine Plaza (formerly Westin Philippine Plaza). Huge crowd inside an air-conditioned tent at the garden area of the hotel. Free glass of wine while watching different jazz musicians from here and abroad. One of the musicians who played during that night was the UST jazz band.

This is the youngest jazz band from Europe, 19 year old Thomas Enhco & The Jazz Angels. I also found out that the band members were Thomas Enhco's siblings.

I believe that was the biggest jazz festival in Manila and musicians were glad they performed with the devoted jazz audience. Now I miss Monk's Dream in Rockwell where I used to watch an intimate jazz performances by our local musicians.

No comments:

Post a Comment