Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Little "Ditty"





I have a little ditty.
About my son.
He's 14.

That should say a lot.

He is very amusing.

Parents of 14 yr. old boys should understand.
If his room were ever clean,
he would have no idea whose room he was in.
Last time I was in ... there ...
Legos had reached about ankle deep.
There is also a certain aroma in ... there.

Moving on.
'nuff said.

He is suddenly interested in cooking.
He started with a fried egg.
Very curious development noticed.
He is actually holding the yolk as the egg cooks centered just in the middle of the white

so. it. is. perfect.

Legos (did I mention) ankle deep.
Aroma.
Moving on...
'nuff said.

As parents, we search... earnestly... for any sign of maturity in our 14 year old boys.
Parents of 14 yr. old boys should understand.

Well.... 
I just know it.  
This is a sign.
I'm not really an optimist, but I am searching here.

So.  At Williams Sonoma, I saw these little round contraptions.
My son's newfound fried egg-yolk-centered-hold-it-there technique could
...mature. Or, let's say...benefit.
I bought the cute little contraptions
I surprised him with the cute little contraptions

My son's eyes reflected...Pure. Delight.
Perfectly round eggs with centered yolks.

Its a definite sign.
Yup.

A.definite.sign.
I  must be raising a  perfectionist.
I'm so proud of him.
As only a mother can be.


No comments:

Post a Comment